Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 10 - October 17

It's been a few weeks since I've had time to actually get any sort of blog browsing done - and certainly no time to sit down and re-sort through them and pick my favorites! I had a little bit of free time this weekend and so spent a little bit of time working through my Reader. It was tough to narrow it down to my Top 10 - I think I've said that every post and don't really see that it will change!

Click the link to visit each creator's blog/gallery and view their creation in it's Full Glory!! And since you're there, might as well leave them a little note letting them know what you think! I can't figure out how to link the actual photo using the new editor in Blogger.




10. I've always been a fan of quotes - Jessica Diedrich is too and I loved her card this week that featured this wonderful quote - it's such a true sentiment and a reminder that I think we all need!


 9. Deb Felts created a wonderful card with a gorgeous peacock on it! The bright bold colors really grabbed my attention. Even though I don't normally use colors this bright, I am always drawn to them!
 8. Dawn Burnworth is quickly becoming one of my favorite stamping artists. I truly love how she ALWAYS keeps the focus on the image and the embellishments are just supporting details. This scene that she created just made me catch my breath!
7. I first discovered Lynn Weiss' blog waaay back when we were in Sisterhood of the Blogging Sisters 3 together. She has always been a favorite! This card is so elegant and rich! Lots of layers and textures!

6. This clean and simple card by Krystie Lee really caught my eye! I love the plain base, the shadow stamped background and the simple bit of twine!

 5. Julia Stanton has a vintage shabby style that also has such a crisp and clean feel to it! Not only did I just love that vintage caroler -- but the gingham ribbon and gem swirls pretty much put me over the edge!
4. Oh my - Faith Hofrichter created a card that should be framed in a shadow box! The pretty birds and then the way she mounted them just is so pretty, elegant, beautiful!
 3. Dana Grothaus was a new blog that I discovered this week. I just loved the torn paper panels at the top of her card - they are such a terrific accent for the great and simple sentiment!
 2. Dawn Burnworth's card honoring Breast Cancer Awareness Month really had an impact with me. There are several women at our church dealing with this right now and I just pray that they have strength and healing.
 1. My Favorite card this week - Harriet Skelly never fails to create a card that is simple and so STUNNING! This card literally took my breath away when I saw it earlier in the week! I can not wait to try this technique myself!
As always, if you find something that you think is worthy of making the list, then please email me with a direct link --- you can find some info over there in the sidebar. And of course, if you don't want to be mentioned here or have a problem that I cropped your photo to share here, then please let me know and it will be removed. I certainly don't want to offend you!

Thanks so much to ALL stampers and papercrafters out there that share their lovely talents with us. Thanks to those of you that read this blog and share it with others!


May you have a beautiful week!

4 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Aren't you sweet?!?! Thank you-this made my night! I always enjoy it when someone appreciates quotes as much as I do, so this is really great. Thanks, Cassie!!!

Harriet Skelly said...

OMG Cassie, thank you so much for the recognition of my card. I am glad you liked it - and your comments are so sweet!!You made my week already! Hugs Harriet

Deb said...

Woohoooo! Thanks Cassie! This shout out makes my heart sing! I'm so glad you liked my card...what a great way to start a new week!

Lynn said...

Hi Cassie...I'm way behind with my blogging (and stamping) so I just came across this. Thank you so much for your nice comments! I'm so glad you liked my card!